Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Change: a funny thing

I can remember when I was little, like 3 or 4, telling my mom and one of her friends that I wanted a merry-go-round with only one horse on it.

When I was asked "Why?" I simply replied "so that I can always win the race!" This was followed by some hysterical laughing, provided by my mom and her friend. You see, back then the merry-go-round was one of my favorite things (It still is, but lets just keep that between you and me). I can remember watching the horses in front of me so closely and urging my worthy steed on to faster speeds. Sometimes I was carried to victory, sometimes the blue-tailed horse with the fat kid riding him won. Either way I always Knew that one day I would win every single race because when I grew up I would have my absolutely very own merry-go-round! obviously things change and I grew up to want real horses instead, I've been riding since I was 5 and got my first pony for my 7th birthday (his name was Scooby aka the "pony From hell") I've moved on to big horses now and ride every day. But I was just thinking, as I always tend to do, that what if I had never out grown the merry-go-round and never started riding horses that actually breathe? What if I still went to the mall every week and elbowed all the 5 year olds out of the way to be the one to get to mr. Sprinkles first? What if I had become an imaginary world class merry-go-round jockey? Man, my life would be so different right now. 
I know that sometimes change is unwanted, but for the most part it's necessary.
I mean, would You want to be a professional merry-go-round Jockey? 

2 comments:

  1. I once fell off a merry go round, so I don't think it would make a good profession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say you looked behind the curtain, What did you find?

    ReplyDelete