Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm Contused!!!

So let me start by welcoming myself back, I took a bit of a break from blogger for a few weeks, I have a really good excuse though! Hold on.... it's coming, just give me a minute.... Uh..... Ok so I don't have a good excuse, time just got away from me. So enough of this lets get on to the really witty and interesting story I want tell you. (Witty and interesting are in the eyes of the beholder right?)
So lets start off with a few fun facts
FACT:Lifting a large T.V. when you are at home alone and no one is there to help you falls under the "Bad idea" category.
FactDropping a T.V. on top of your foot is EXTREMELY painful.
MEDICAL FACT:A bone contusion is an injury that involves injury to the surface of the bone and subsequent damage to the underlying bone sub-structure. 
Yep, I got a contusion yesterday. "So what were you doing lifting a large television by yourself?" I can hear you asking your computer screen. Well, the idea didn't seem this stupid at the time. Actually, it seemed like a pretty good idea. The reason I wanted to move the T.V. is because I had two in my room and the big chunky one was just taking up space. There was plenty of room on one of the shelves in my bathroom closet so I thought "Why not?" and began the process of carrying it in there. At first it didn't seem like it was going to be that hard, but by the time that I was half way to the bathroom I realized that I was mistaken. See, the T.V. isn't only heavy, it's an awkward shape which makes it hard to hold on to. So I began to do some kind of awkward run in order to try and make it into the bathroom. I did indeed make it into the bathroom, but just barely before dropping the T.V. on top of my foot. It was the kind of pain, dear reader, that for about 5 seconds I felt nothing; then this blinding throb sets in. I had to lift the T.V. back up to get my foot out, which somehow made it hurt worse. So to make a short story long, I went to the hospital to have it checked out ( may I add that I fought tooth and nail, I simply detest hospitals). they took the x-ray and determined that my bone was not completely broken, but contused. So they gave me some very strong pain medication (That's a whole other story), rapped my foot, stuck it in some kind of horrible looking boot/cast thingy, and sent me on my way.
And that's the story of how I gave my own foot a contusion.
Please enjoy the following picture.

    

5 comments:

  1. Where's my free taco?

    Lol...welcome back...love the pigs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you didn't read the fine print...
    The free taco comes in the form of my joy in getting a new follower.
    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this and started to gasp out loud. How do you feel? Lol you and I both are pretty random

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Sorry to hear about you injury. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask? Why would you ever put a TV in your bathroom? I'm sorry! I was laughing so hard I forgot what I was going to say.

    I can relate I do a lot of dumb things that seem like a good Idea at the time.

    I'll come back tonight when my husband goes to bed to watch the videos.

    I love your blog! I need a good laugh. I have been in a rut lately.

    I'll Be Back!

    ReplyDelete