Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crashed Party...



I've just recently noticed something. A pattern, if you will. You see, I occasionally enjoy a little bit of wild and crazy dancing when I'm listening to the radio and no one's around. It's not as if I'm doing anyone any harm, just a little break dancing here and there. Don't go thinking that I'm good at it. Not at all, I've made many of small children cry by showing them my moves. It's just something that comes naturally. I don't think that it's anything to be judged by do you? I didn't think so. Why am I telling you this? Well, lately my sessions have been cut short by onlookers. Example A: The UPS guy. This happened a while ago when I was dancing in front of our glass door. I believe the song was 'Old Time Rock and Roll' by Bob Seger. I had pulled out all of the stops, I even had an imaginary microphone which I was singing into extremely loudly... I was really feelin' it. I happened to see out of the corner of me eye a large figure standing at my door. Upon further examination I could see that the figure was a UPS guy... who was laughing. I'll admit that maybe if the music hadn't been so loud I could have probably heard the guy knock, but what kind of fun would that have been? Example B: My father. So the day of this little incident I was in more of a romantic mood. Adele had come on the radio with 'Someone Like You' one of my favorite songs. My imaginary partner and I were tearing up the floor with a majestic waltz. At the end of our number I noticed my father had gotten home earlier than expected. So of course I demanded what he was doing there, to which he replied with a snicker. Example C: My mother. I was standing at the counter making a salad, I think, when the last offence occurred. so I'm not exactly sure of the tune, but I think it may have been 'Pumped Up Kicks' by Foster the People. To this song I was busting some of my best MJ moves. Yeah, that's right. My mother was so lovely as to walk up behind me and comment on them... I acted as if nothing had happened. Soooo, the moral of this story is... 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment